BETA 2.0 Preview

The next Beta is already in the works. Beta 1.0 included all cutscenes with added sound effects, so it’s only appropriate that the next release, beeing visually enhanced in every cutscene, becomes Beta 2.0. The following comparison shot illustrates the most common problem in the cutscenes that came with the original leak. Beeing compressed with an insufficient bitrate, they suffer from a lot of compression artifacts. In order to fix this, I used subsequent frames as a basis for my restoration effords and carefully combined them with the problematic ones in Photoshop. This had to be done for almost all cutscenes and I have pretty much finished this task:


The later added TVRip videos had more serious problems though. Many scenes had lost far too much detail after beeing processed by the deflickering filter and Waifu upscaling. So I started redrawing certain scenes. I’m not even close at finishing this gigantic task, but I am making progress. Don’t expect this to be finished any time soon (or ever). The following comparison shot illustrate the work that has been done on them (Mix_complete17):


The next scene isn’t complete, yet. I plan on redrawing all the orcs one day. Right now, only the background has been redrawn and replaced (Mix_complete22):


That’s it for now. Once 2.0 is out I will, once again, take a break from this. But be assured: You havent’s seen the last of this project…yet 🙂


Beta 1.3 released!

Once again it’s time for another update! After 5 months I’ve finally completed enough new material for a new release. Beta 1.3 includes 3 updated cutscenes with reduced compression artifacts, redrawn scenes to restore lost details due to previous filtering and fixed animation errors (missing mouth movements). Warcraft Adventures has never been better! Get it while it’s hot:

Banner BETA 1.3 Download.png


  • improved image quality – numerous scenes haven been redrawn by hand, missing mouth movements have been added (Mix_complete22)
  • improved image quality – numerous compression artifacts have been removed by hand (Mix_complete16, Mix_complete23)

On a side note: Mix_complete17 and 22 are far from finished. They have suffered a lot due to being filmed from a TV screen and subsequent filtering and I could redraw frames for the next 12 months in order to fix the biggest issues. For obvious reasons I won’t do that, but I may come back to them at a later stage.

A new coat of paint

I am slowly making progress in repainting frames from Mix_complete22. It’s a tedious job and it’s a little frustrating seeing that 12 repainted frames, which take approx. 6 hours to do, only result in 1 second of animation. Therefore I will not do this for the entire cutscene. Instead I’ll try to improve only those scenes, that suffered the most during the filtering process. Thrall riding the dragon for the first time ist one of those scenes:


Regarding my last post I have come to the conclusion (after listening to your feedback), that replacing Thrall with another orc is the best solution. This change will not be included in the next beta, though. You’ll have to live with this little continuity error a while longer 😉

Anniversary update

One year ago I started the Warcraft Adventures Cutscenes Remaster Project with the intention of adding sound effects to all cutscenes. Since then much has happened and this project has grown quite a bit. In order to celebrate it’s first anniversary, I am working on the next beta, 1.3. Among other improvements (look at the progress page for more details) I am repainting a few scenes in Mix_complete22. But, see for yourself.


There is one problem, though: the orc on the left is Hellscream and I repainted him according to the original video. But, if I am not mistaken, Hellscream has been captured at this point in the game’s story. So, what is he doing here and…what should I do about it? Replace him with another character? Leave him like this, knowing that it’s a continuity error? Suggestions are welcome.

BETA 1.2 released!

It is time for another beta release! The latest beta 1.2 includes 3 updated cutscenes with reduced compression artifacts. Additionally a few scenes in Mix_complete17 have been redrawn by hand to restore lost details due to previous filtering (read my previous postings for additional informations). Last but not least several color palette errors have been fixed. So, download it while it’s hot:

Banner BETA 1.2 Download.png


  • improved image quality – numerous compression artifacts have been removed by hand (Mix_complete08, Mix_complete09, Mix_complete10)
  • improved image quality – numerous scenes haven been redrawn by hand (Mix_complete17)
  • fixed audio – synced a word from Hellscream to the correct mouth movement (Mix_complete08)
  • fixed wrong color palette – a color palette error has been fixed (Mix_complete09, Mix_complete24, CS25_A)

Have a look at the new FAQ section in case  of any questions you might have!

This project isn’t just about adding sounds any more. In the past few months I have removed a lot of compression artifacts and animations errors. I even repainted a few frames here and there. Therefore the name “Cutscenes Sound Project” didn’t seem to fit any longer. Taking this change of plans for the project into consideration, I decided to rename the project to Warcraft Adventures – Cutscenes Remaster Project.

Restoration work

After finishing Mix_copmplete08 it’s time to have a another look at two problematic cutscenes: Mix_complete17 and 22 were missing in the original leak and had been found later on. Being filmed from a TV screen they were lacking in quality. I used deflickering filters and a waifu upscaling process to improve them. Still, there were scenes I wasn’t satisfied with. So right now I am redrawing certain elements and the difference is quite noticable…