Warcraft Adventures – Lord of the Clans had been leaked in 2016. Much to my surprise, it was completely playable from start to finish and it even included (almost) all of its cutscenes. Still, the game suffered from missing sound effects and out of sync voices in almost all of these videos. Additionally these had been encoded with a low bitrate and suffered from a lot of compression artifacts. A few weeks later 2 missing cutscenes were found on a DVD, but beeing filmed from a TV screen, these had even bigger issues.
The Warcraft Adventures – Cutscenes Remaster Project (WACRP) aims at changing all that: This package contains all 20 cutscenes, including those 2 cutscenes not included in the original leak. In order to fix the mentioned issues, a lot of work went into these files:
- Fitting sound effects and music have been added (200+ sound effects, music from Warcraft 1 + 3).
- The audio has been synced, with noise filtering, reverb etc. applied when necessary.
- A lot of compression artifacts have been removed by hand (this tedious work has been done for all cutscenes).
- The previously missing cutscenes, only available as a TV recording, have been carefully remastered by using deflickering filters, waifu upscaling, Photoshop editing and repainting big parts of almost every frame by hand. In addition they have been carefully adjusted to 12 fps as originally intended.
- Missing voices have been restored in the alternate “AMI intro” by using the original script and TTS software.
- Continuity errors (e.g. disappearing orcs or items, that should no longer exist) have been fixed.
From 2016 – 2022 I have been working on this little project in my spare time. A final release version can be downloaded on this blog.
Warcraft Adventures – Lord of the Clans is owned by Blizzard Entertainment. I do NOT own the game or it’s cutscenes. I’m simply doing this out of appreciation of this game. Therefore this package only contains the cutscenes, meant as a fanmade mod. I will never supply the whole game.