Warcraft Adventures – Lord of the Clans had been leaked in 2016. Much to my surprise, it was completely playable from start to finish and it even included (almost) all of it’s cutscenes. Still, the game was missing it’s sound effects in almost all of those videos. Additionally these had been encoded with a low bitrate and suffered from a lot of compression artifacts.
The Warcraft Adventures – Cutscenes Remaster Project (WACRP) aims at changing that: The package available to download on this blog contains all 20 cutscenes, including 2 cutscenes not included in the original leak. In order to fix the mentioned issues, a lot of work went into these files:
- The audio has been synced, with noise filtering applied when necessary.
- Fitting sound effects and music have been added (200+ sound effects, music from Warcraft 1 + 3).
- A lot of compression artifacts have been removed by hand (this tedious work has been done for all cutscenes).
- Two previously missing cutscenes, only available as a TV recording, have been carefully remastered by using deflickering filters, waifu upscaling and Photoshop editing.
- Missing voices have been restored in the alternate “AMI intro” by using the original script and TTS software.
Up to this point (January 2018) I have finished four beta releases, which can be downloaded on this blog. Further improvements will be made in the future, so that one day I’ll be able to finish a game I wanted to own for the past 18 years.
Warcraft Adventures – Lord of the Clans is owned by Blizzard Entertainment. I do NOT own the game or it’s cutscenes. I’m simply doing this out of appreciation of this game. Therefore this package only contains the cutscenes, meant as a fanmade mod. I will never supply the whole game.